© Pint of Science, 2023. All rights reserved.
About Pint of Science
Pint of Science describes the international (non-profit) organisation of festivals that bring some of the most brilliant scientists to your local pub to discuss their latest research and findings with you. You don't need any prior knowledge, and this is your chance to meet the people responsible for the future of science (and have a pint with them). Our festival runs over a few days in May every year, but we occasionally run events during other months.
The idea origins in 2012, when Dr. Michael Motskin and Dr. Praveen Paul from the Imperial College London organised an event called ‘Meet the Researchers’. It brought people affected by Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, motor neurone disease and multiple sclerosis into their labs to show them the kind of research they did back then. It was inspirational for both visitors and researchers. They thought if people want to come into labs to meet scientists, why not bring the scientists out to the people? And so Pint of Science was born. In May 2013 they held the first Pint of Science festival in just three UK cities. It quickly took off around the world and is now in over 400 cities, also in German ones. Read more here.
Topics covered by Pint of Science
Our events fall into the following topics:
- Beautiful Mind - neuroscience, psychology and psychiatry
- Atoms to Galaxies - physics, chemistry, maths, astronomy
- Our Body - medicine, human biology, health
- Planet Earth - geosciences, plant sciences, zoology
- Tech Me Out - biotechnology, robotics, computers
- Our Society - law, history, politics, policy, languages
- Creative Reactions - art and science come together
...and keep an eye out for some 'special' events.